Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yummy new recipe!

OK, so when the boys were babies, they ate anything I put in front of them, but one day, they stopped. At one time, they loved avocados, but now their noses reach for the sky at the first site of one. Fate dealt me a hand that played to me desire to feed these boys avocados again:-). I know, it sounds crazy, but I just LOVE them and it drives me crazy that they won't even look at the darn fruit anymore.


I walked into the local Hannaford's. Standing by the kiosk holding the avo's was a little lady pushing this pale green paste at me. Avocado pudding?!, I almost turned up MY nose. then I took one taste, and was hooked. With this recipe in hand, I was on a mission to get my kids to not only look at the pudding, but also to put it in their mouths and actually swallow it!


1 avo, chopped


1/2 cmilk


1/4 c sugar (or less to taste)


1/2 tsp vanilla





Blend until smooth.


I topped it with freshly picked, still-warm-from-the-sun raspberries (delicious!)
They nearly swallowed their servings in one gulp, and begged for seconds.

Yippee:-)

ciao

No comments: