Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Taking Steps to Support

A friend of mine just lost her dad to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). She has decided to join the Walk to Defeat ALS, and putting together a team, as well as setting a fund raising goal. Her kind and gentle spirit still soars in spite of this devastating loss to her family. She is such an inspiration to me. She gives her time to music, to children, to friends and women in the community, among the "usual" mother, wife, homemaker duties.

I encourage you to let your spirit soar, join this team or any team, volunteer your time, or just come out to cheer for her and thousands of others who are also helping to beat ALS, or cancer, or Lupus, or animal cruelty, public television (OK I had to put that one there;-). What ever your passion is or wherever your compassion lies, make steps toward giving the kind of support that will help change the future.

Here is the link to her personal goals page....
http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/NorthernNewEnglandWalk?px=1788869&pg=personal&fr_id=4480&et=Viq-9-MC-zs6WFLrTXuDgA..&s_tafId=55620

I guarantee that there is a cause out there that fits your passion. We'd be here forever if I listed off all the things that I am passionate about, so I won't bore you. But rest assured, I give my time and money, I write to my senators about the environment, freedom of expression, animal rights, women's rights, children's rights, and on and on. It helps me to feel better and to feel like my voice is being heard about protecting our world, about my place in this world and about my children's future with it.

If you've been wondering how you can make a difference, here's your chance. Start right now. Choose one and give of yourself.


I'll get off my soap box now:-)
Peace to you and to the world

No comments: